JAS understands these are difficult times for many around the world. We are doing our best to keep the music playing this summer for our community while balancing our decision-making with prudence to ensure the health and well-being of all our patrons.
We have been monitoring events closely over the last few weeks and speaking with our partners, AEG, who are music industry leaders around the world, in the hopes that by presenting the June Experience we could be the celebratory kickoff to Summer in Aspen. With heavy hearts, JAS announces that we have come to the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 JAS June Experience to the following year, June 24-27, 2021, to remain compliant and safeguard the community we serve. The good news is that all the artists for this year’s June Experience have already agreed to coming in 2021 so the line-up will be the same stellar list of performers. Our decision only reflects the June Experience. We are still assessing and hopeful that we will be able to host the summer JAS Café series and the JAS Labor Day Experience.
JAS is doing everything in its power to weather this storm by cutting expenses to be fiscally responsible. However, JAS has already committed and paid for many production costs to get the wheels in motion for the June Experience and numerous Mission Driven Initiatives including:
Nearly a full season of the winter JAS Café Performances
725+ hours of In-School Teacher Assistance
40+ hours of Private Lessons
Donation of 27 guitars to Ross Montessori for them to start a guitar class
Additional instrument donations including euphonium, bassoon, flute, tuners and multiple repairs
Currently in the process of awarding multiple students college scholarships through the JAS/JFMAF Scholarship Fund
And, many other initiatives.
JAS continues to provide creative virtual at-home music education initiatives, such as private lessons and classroom instruction, and will continue to offer comprehensive and robust programming in the Fall with a reduced budget.
We ask, if you are in a position to help that you consider donating the ticket/fair market value rather than ask for a refund or transfer/credit. We do not have an endowment to rely on, and our reserves are modest, mirroring many non-profits. We heavily depend on ticket revenue and annual contributions to carry out our performance and music education programming initiatives. Your generous support is vital in helping JAS Keep the Music Playing especially during challenging moments such as this one.
Your additional donation of the ticket value/fair market value is fully tax deductible.
For ticketholders of the 2020 JAS June Experience, the following options are available:
June Experience General Admission Tickets:
1. Donate your tickets: Turn the value of your ticket(s) into a tax-deductible donation to JAS programming. We greatly appreciate your support and faith in JAS! Make your donation by visiting us here.
2. Transfer: Ticketholders can transfer their 2020 June Experience to the 2021 Experience you wish to transfer your tickets to the 2021 Experience, no further action needs to be taken. Your ticket order will be valid for next year’s event,
3. Refund: Ticketholders must request a refund by Monday, May 18, 2020. Refunds will be made to your original form of payment. Request your refund by visiting us here.
Please Note: The “We Trust JAS” Passes purchased in November 2019 are not applicable for a Refund. Ticketholders will automatically have their tickets transferred to the 2021 Experience and no action will be required on your part unless you would like to donate them.
June Experience VIP Passes & National Council VIP Passes
1. Donate the Fair Market Value of your Passes: Please consider converting the fair market value of your June Experience tickets that covers the VIP ticket, with dinner, open bar, etc. to a donation. Please contact Holly Upper at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure we have all your information to provide you with a contribution receipt at the end of the year. We greatly appreciate your support and faith in JAS!
2. Monetary Credit of the Fair Market Value (FMV) portion only for one (1) year: If you wish to receive a credit, no further action needs to be taken. Please contact us when you would like to apply your credit towards another JAS event.
3. Refund of the Fair Market Value portion only: Passholders must request a refund by Monday, May 18, 2020. Refunds will be made to your original form of payment. Please contact Holly Upper at email@example.com
These policies only apply to purchases directly through JAS. We are not responsible for 3rd party sales.
In reflecting on JAS’ 30 years, there have been countless great memories made and music presented. From B.B. King, to Black Eyed Peas, Bob Dylan to Jose James, Earth, Wind & Fire to Sting, John Mayer and so many more …. JAS has brought so many amazing Artists to our community and created a lifetime of memories for residents and visitors alike. This too shall pass, with the need and desire to gather more than ever, and JAS will be there to provide the soundtrack. Help us continue to “Keep the Music Playing”! We appreciate your support and patronage more than ever at this juncture and looks forward to being able to reunite soon.