Join JAS for our first ever student songwriting competition!
Free Songwriting Workshop, Friday, Jan. 15 (details below)
Jazz Aspen Snowmass is seeking original music by student songwriters. One winner will receive a cash prize of $500 plus the opportunity to perform your song live at a JAS Cafe event. Up to four honorable mention winners will receive a cash prize of $100.
- Students are encouraged to submit an original song from any music genre
- Submissions shall include:
- An Audio or Video Recording
- A Lyric Sheet
- Student Contact Info (name, age, school, email & phone)
- Please send a Dropbox link with your submission to email@example.com
- Students may submit a maximum of two songs each
- Plagiarism of copyrighted material is illegal. It is the responsibility of the songwriter to assure that music submitted is not copyrighted
Entries will be judged based on their originality, creativity, aesthetic quality and the power of the music and lyrics.
Entries must be received by February 1, 2021. Winner will be announced by March 1, 2021
New to songwriting? FREE Workshop Jan. 15!
JAS will be offering a free live virtual workshop featuring local songwriters and musicians offering students a tutorial on songwriting. students can join via Zoom for this hands-on experience led by music industry professionals. The workshop will be on Friday, Jan. 15 at 4pm.
Zoom Info Here:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 856 0559 4260